From market behavior and trader psychology to technical and fundamental analysis, our On Demand Introduction to Energy Trading course gives you the tools and techniques essential to successfully trading in the energy markets. With 5 1/2 hours of online, recorded instruction, you get the same in-depth, top-notch learning experience that DTN in-person classes are known for. Plus you have the advantage of accessing your course anytime, anywhere.
At A Glance
|Industry Segment||Natural Gas, Oil, Power|
|Course Level||Introductory to Intermediate|
|CPE Credits||Not Applicable|
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Trading Professional, Natural Gas, Oil, Power, Trading & Risk Management|
What You Will Learn
Have questions? Want to know if this course is right for you? Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help.
Develop a solid foundation in energy trading as you examine all of the instruments, tools, and techniques available to the energy trader today. You’ll explore the nuances and quirks specific to the energy markets. You’ll understand the risks and rewards across sectors and develop a macro view designed to improve your timing and help both hedgers and traders to develop a successful strategy!
Topics covered include:
- The basics and fundamentals of energy trading including the what, why, how and who of energy trading markets.
- Technical and fundamental analysis; how and when to combine the two.
- What the various energy trading instruments, tools, and techniques are, and what is encompassed in the profession of energy trading.
- How all of the tools and techniques work from the perspective of both professional speculators and commercial hedgers in energy markets.
The course consists of 13 sessions totaling 5 hours 30 minutes of recorded instruction. Sessions covered are:
- Energy Trading – The Basics
- Trading Energy Futures
- Trading Energy Options
- OTC Derivatives & Physical Energy Trading Markets
- History of Energy Trading Markets
- Tools & Techniques in Energy Trading
- Spread Trading
- Overview of Energy Trading Markets
- Market Behavior And Participants
- Risk Management
- Simple Technical Trading System
- Overview of Technical Analysis
- Technical Indicators and Option Spread Strategies
SCORM compliant. Available across all platforms (desktop, tablet, and mobile).
DTN online learning programs provide immediate access to instructor-narrated courses on a wide variety of industry topics. Most courses contain multiple sessions comprising 6 or more total hours of content. Upon purchasing you will receive an instant email containing your secure registration credentials. Your course selections are ready and waiting for you upon login. Programs are viewed on demand using your standard web browser and high-speed internet connection. Access to each individual session will end 14 days after first being accessed, although there is no limit to the amount of time it takes to complete the entire course. You can start, stop, pause and view the content within each session as often as you like during the access period.
Group licensing available. Contact DTN at email@example.com to request details. CPE credits are not currently available for DTN On Demand courses.
Who Should Attend
This course is applicable to all levels of the energy infrastructure: oil, natural gas, electricity and coal. Individuals in every functional area of responsibility in all energy industries whose decisions have significant financial impact will benefit from this program. Managers from areas such as marketing, sales, manufacturing, engineering, supply and distribution, trading risk management, purchasing, financial and accounting will all find the course highly beneficial.