Get a thorough understanding of the entire natural gas industry, from well head to burner tip. You’ll learn the mechanics and nuances of exploration and production, the pipeline transportation infrastructure and storage as well as the buying, selling and marketing of natural gas.
At A Glance
|Industry Segment||Natural Gas|
|CPE Credits||Not Applicable|
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Professional, Natural Gas|
What You Will Learn
Have questions? Want to know if this course is right for you? Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help.
Some specific topics covered during this course include:
- Where have we been and where are we going: The history and future of natural gas in North America.
- The major players in the natural gas industry: Producers, transporters, marketers, LDCs and consumers.
- Natural gas futures and OTC derivatives trading.
- Market macro and micro fundamentals.
- Storage usefulness and seasonal peaking and balancing needs. Market centers (Hubs): Services provided.
- Understanding of the various market relationships that impact the everyday aspects of the business.
- And more.
The course consists of 9 sessions totaling 3 hours 45 minutes of recorded instruction. Sessions covered are:
- The Basics
- Exploration, Processing & Production
- Infrastructure, Pipelines & LNG
- Infrastructure, Storage
- Commodity Pricing
- Natural Gas Nomination Process and Contracts
- Trading Gas Derivatives
SCORM compliant. Available across all platforms (desktop, tablet and mobile).
DTN online learning programs provide immediate access to instructor-narrated courses on a wide variety of industry topics. Most courses contain multiple sessions comprising 6 or more total hours of content. Upon purchasing you will receive an instant email containing your secure registration credentials. Your course selections are ready and waiting for you upon login. Programs are viewed on demand using your standard web browser and high-speed internet connection. Access to each individual session will end 14 days after first being accessed, although there is no limit to the amount of time it takes to complete the entire course. You can start, stop, pause and view the content within each session as often as you like during the access period.
Group licensing available. Contact DTN at email@example.com to request details. CPE credits are not currently available for DTN On Demand courses.
Who Should Attend
This course will benefit anyone seeking a top-to-bottom, fundamental education in the natural gas and power industry. Perfect for those new to the industry: Wholesale power and/or natural gas marketing companies, utilities, generation, supply and distribution personnel, traders, end-users, commercial companies, co-generation, industrial companies and government agencies. Great for new hires, interdepartmental transfers, finance management, administrative personnel and human resource personnel.