2018 Digital Yield Tour Powered by Gro Intelligence
Better anticipate supply to support your decisions
Welcome to #DigitalYieldTour18, powered by Gro Intelligence.
Join us as we tour select farms in key production areas, as well as locations that have faced considerable weather woes. Find out how yield has fared with this season’s late, wet start for many, followed by drought and flooding for some.
During the tour, we’ll assess yield using Gro’s latest model technology. DTN’s award-winning editorial staff will discuss state-by-state averages and historical yields, plus weather challenges and pest pressures. At the end of our tour, you’ll receive a national overview, complete with a market outlook.
Follow the Tour
- Introduction to the 2018 Digital Yield Tour – The first high-tech, digital crop yield tour completely open to the public kicks off on various DTN/The Progressive Farmer digital platforms Aug. 15.
- Nebraska and South Dakota Recap – Favorable weather patterns led to bin-busting yield forecasts in Nebraska and South Dakota.
- Kansas and Missouri Recap – Persistent drought conditions have taken their toll on statewide corn and soybean yields this year.
- Minnesota, Wisconsin and Ohio Recap – Farmers in Wisconsin and Minnesota expect large, but not record-breaking yields, while Ohio farmers look to yields that are consistently larger than last year.
- Iowa, Illinois and Indiana – This year, farmers have battled a mixed bag of weather conditions with some drought continuing to linger in a few hot spots.
- Add to Our Digital Tour with Yield Checks – Here’s the method farmers are using who are submitting information to the 2018 tour.
- DTN Digital Yield Tour 2018-Final Tally – Despite expected yield shortfalls in some Midwest states, expectations remain for record or near-record U.S. corn and soybean crops for 2018.
About Gro Intelligence
Gro Intelligence is a leading edge software company that automatically harvests disparate agricultural data, transforms it into knowledge, and uses machine learning to allow stakeholders across the agricultural ecosystem to make mission-critical business decisions. With offices in both New York and Nairobi, Gro’s mission is to create a more connected, efficient, and productive global food industry. Learn more at www.gro-intelligence.com
DTN is the independent, trusted source of actionable insights for those focused on feeding, fueling, and protecting the world. The company empowers agriculture with the industry’s best information, analytics, and news.
Channel professionals and producers rely on DTN to help sharpen decisions, minimize risk, enhance efficiencies, improve communications, and secure profits. Visit DTN
Agriculture’s Independent Voice – DTNPF.com
In addition to providing this unique look at the 2018 crop, DTN/The Progressive Farmer will also be serving up its constant look at how the latest yield information, along with the rest of the day’s weather and events, influences commodity markets.
MyDTN – The Best Ag Market Data and Analysis
For a deeper look at our take on the market, visit MyDTN and investigate our Six Factors (TM) Strategies. Our proprietary look at the market compares the relative bearish or bullish effects of six key market factors to help guide you in when to sell or buy grain.
Sign up to receive emails from DTN.
Please select the notices you wish to subscribe to on the list below.
To get updates on the crop tour, opt in to our sales and marketing communications.