DTN/The Progressive Farmer Recognized for Excellence in Design and Journalism in Multiple Categories at 2017 Folio Awards
DTN/The Progressive Farmer was honored with three first place awards and several honorable mentions at this year’s highly competitive 2017 Folio: Eddie and Ozzie Awards, held on October 11 during the Folio Show in New York City.
More than 250 awards were given to consumer, B2B, regional and association magazines. The Folio: Eddie & Ozzie awards have recognized hundreds of magazine media professionals for more than 20 years to celebrate design and journalism across all sectors of the industry. The Eddie awards are categorized by topic and market and the Ozzie awards are categorized by publication and readership size.
DTN/The Progressive Farmer, agriculture’s most awarded editorial team, received first place for two Eddie Awards in B2B categories for Agriculture and Farming.
- The first was for an Article Series Award for Life in The Trench, a series that profiled farmers who grow champion corn yields
- The second award was a Single Article Award for Senior Editor Dan Miller’s story titled Bridging the Gap, an article about how the National Black Growers Council is helping black farmers have successful careers in production agriculture
The Magazine was also awarded first place for an Ozzie Award in the B2B Feature Design – Above 100,000 Circulation for The Pulse of Rural America led by Director of Design, Donovan Harris, and the design team at DTN/The Progressive Farmer.
“We’re proud and honored to have our work recognized by our industry, said Gregg Hillyer, editor and chief, DTN/The Progressive Farmer. “Our talented team takes our commitment seriously to provide our readers with the best content, design and photography in ag publishing.”
DTN/The Progressive Farmer also received the following honorable mentions in several categories including:
- Pulse of Rural America – Series Award
- The Kings of Pop – Single Article
- American’s Best Young Farmers and Ranchers – Design: Feature story
- Beautiful Daughter of the Stars – B2B Use of Photography
Entries are judged by both Folio staff and a panel of media executives and are based on creativity, innovation and an emphasis on proven success in aligning the brands mission with the end product.