DTN Offers Enhanced Electronic Bills of Lading (eBOL) Module in Latest Version of DTN Fuel Admin
January 9, 2017
Minneapolis and Omaha, Neb. – The latest version of DTN’s electronic bills of lading (eBOL) solution, DTN Fuel Admin, extends its existing functionality to allow users to automate more eBOLs into back-office operations for quicker invoicing. It also allows users to share information – through a view-only dashboard – with both internal and external stakeholders.
Electronic bills of lading (eBOLs) help eliminate errors, automate and streamline processes, and speed both customer invoicing and the collection of receivables. DTN Fuel Admin is the most comprehensive repository for eBOLs in the industry, and is now compliant with all major back-office solutions.
DTN Fuel Admin allows customers to increase data integration and automate more eBOLs into back office accounting systems. Certain back offices need specific data fields such as an order number or ship-to state in order to process the BOL.
The newest version of DTN Fuel Admin allows back-office customers to:
- Set up customized data fields on the eBOL for quicker processing
- Catch and complete required fields such as PO or driver number before the transaction goes to the back office
- Include the ship-to state on every BOL to ensure their back office has a record of where the product was delivered and which taxes apply
- Ability to cross-reference the consignee to the state, saving hours of manual work each day
- Ability to swap an existing field they aren’t using for a different piece of data that is important to their operation
DTN Fuel Admin streamlines the flow of eBOL data into back office accounting systems by eliminating the need for multiple formats. It provides an easy-to-use dashboard view, real-time delivery of accurate, pre-translated eBOLs, which speeds up billing processes, saving customers valuable time and money.
Improved Operations Across the Supply Chain
DTN Fuel Admin allows everyone in the supply chain to make smarter business decisions, while enhancing the accounting processes.
- Fuel distributors are able to improve speed, efficiency and accuracy in customer billing and have greater financial controls by catching missing paperwork and reducing credit/re-bills
- Retailers are able to improve accuracy and record more accurate costs and have greater efficiency and control over loads
- Common carriers can improve control over loads and driver paperwork and have greater accuracy and improve customer invoicing
DTN is the independent, trusted source of actionable insights for 600,000 customers focused on feeding, protecting, and fueling the world. Customer-centric and employee-driven, the company focuses on empowering agriculture, oil & gas, trading, and weather-sensitive industries through continuous, leading-edge innovation. It also owns and operates The Progressive Farmer magazine, the premier publication in Agriculture for over 130 years. Based in Omaha, Nebraska and Minneapolis, DTN is owned by TBG, a private century-old investment holding company headquartered in Zurich.