Wind farm managers operate at peak efficiency when DTN issues hub height wind forecasts at the turbine-level to see wind speed, wind direction, and gusts. We provide alerts and reports that are set for user-defined thresholds to ensure efficiency for your wind farm.
- Wind Forecasts – You’ll receive forecasts of winds at heights of 80, 110 or 140 meters.
- Hourly Forecasts – Visualized for the week ahead on an hourly basis for each turbine location.
- Operational Threshold Measurements – A specific marker indicates when normal operational thresholds are breached so that you can quickly identify the hours that might be risky to schedule any maintenance activity.
- Easy to Implement – Wind farm and turbine location data are incorporated into the forecast tab in WeatherSentry.
- Daily Alert Report – Get this report as early as a week in advance for ample time to prepare for turbines most at risk of high winds.
Using DTN wind forecasts, you can better plan and maximize your turbine maintenance schedule. No need to waste time or money on workforce and equipment during times of high wind. Efficiently plan the maintenance and operation of each turbine with accurate information and forecasts.
- Savings On Cranes – Avoid wasted crane rentals when wind speeds exceed crane safety limits.
- Maximize generation – Schedule maintenance during “low wind” times, to minimize generation loss.
- Efficiency – Get better visibility when high winds may prevent maintenance activities.
- Safety – Protect your crew from unsafe conditions while they are performing maintenance.
When you know what to expect from actual wind speeds at the hub height, you'll know when to schedule maintenance. You also enable your operators to maximize power output from the wind farm and support better reliability of service.