Aircraft IceGuard supports de-icing decision-making by combining weather observations and forecasts with wing temperature observations and forecasts.
- Wing hazard overview – Receive warning when wing temperatures below 0ºC, clear ice, (heavy) hoar frost, snow, sleet or freezing rain are expected within the next 24 hours.
- Location details – Drill down to gain detailed insights of local wing temperature, air temperature, and dewpoint measurements. Gain even deeper insights using the 36-hour and 5-day wing temperature, wing condition and weather forecasts.
- WMO observations, METAR and TAFS – Access the official airport- specific weather observation reports and forecasts
- Ensemble prediction forecast 15 & 30 days – Track the long-term weather forecast, including potential variables.
Our combination of observations and forecasts allows you to plan ahead for icy conditions more efficiently, helping you increase safety and reduce transfer times.
- Increase aircraft safety Clear ice is hard to observe during inspection of a plane. The clear ice indication alerts improve safety by highlighting dangerous wing conditions
- Minimize flight delays and cancellations The 36-hour and 5-day forecasts support deicing and anti-icing planning and allocation. Multi-point measurement and modelling identifies local differences across the airport, while real-time monitoring enables rapid response and high-quality local forecasts.
- Reduce anti-icing costs Wing condition forecasting allows you to optimize anti-icing activities and planning of resources.
- Decrease your environmental footprint Minimizing de-icing activities reduces your environmental footprint
Sensors on your aircraft's wings provide you with the exact wing temperature data you need to plan your de-icing efficiently and effectively, helping you reduce costs, environmental impact and flight delays.Contact Us