Determine if adverse weather will be a factor for your flight plan by using Flight Route Alerting insights from DTN. We’ve moved beyond simply alerting you to risks to provide you with earlier insights for creating flight plans.
- Plan routes up to 36 hours in advance.
- Flights are monitored based on altitude, position, and time for a true 4D experience.
- The flight plan — and up to 25 airports and destination alternates — are continually monitored for several weather criteria.
- Monitor flight plans for aircraft-specific Eddy Dissipation Rate (EDR) based turbulence, icing, and thunderstorms.
- Get a complete picture of your flight with our SIGMETs, TAFs, METARs, TFRs, convective SIGMETs, AIRMETs, forecast and observed ceilings and visibility, lightning, storm corridors, radar, volcanic ash, and more.
- FAA-compliant – all DTN aviation solutions are FAA-compliant and will help you meet FAA guidelines for Enhanced Weather Information Services (EWIS) certification.
Flight Route Alerting allows you to plan routes up to 36 hours in advance, giving you the confidence to schedule flights that keep passengers and crews safe, avoid turbulence, and use less fuel.
- Make better, more efficient flight plans to avoid adverse weather and get your passengers to their destinations safely.
- Streamline and automate weather decision support with instant feedback to keep your planes on time.
- Arm your pilots and dispatchers with real-time weather and route data to improve flight following capabilities.
- Get updated alerts on refiled flight plans.
- Increase confidence in your flight decisions by relying on the expertise of data-backed science.
DTN has invested in years of research with some of the top scientists in the aviation weather community to develop world-class turbulence, icing, and thunderstorm forecasting and bring solutions and insights directly to pilots, flight operations managers, and flight dispatchers.