Storm Impact Analytics is a damage and outage incident prediction system that uses a sophisticated, machine learning-based approach to provide a set of quantitative predictions that support a more prepared response to service interruptions.
- The model applies a combination of weather parameters — high winds, lightning, ice accretion, and more — to determine the strength of incoming storms and the associated risks at various time horizons.
- Then non-weather data — such as vegetation, utility asset records, and other variables — create an application that predicts and displays severe weather threats as they move through a service territory.
- Statistical modeling and predictive analytics determine the impact of weather on your assets at specific geographical locations.
You see decision points, reports, and predicted impact scenarios for any incoming severe weather event within the WeatherSentry platform.
- It is then translated into impact statistics, such as damage and restoration effort estimates.
- All models are reviewed and managed by our experienced meteorologists online 24 x 7 x 365.
Storm Impact Analytics is fully integrated with WeatherSentry and includes real-time 24/7/365 professional meteorological monitoring, making it far more sophisticated than other methods.
- Improve your outage response strategy – use machine learning to see how your utility responds to storms and create models to accurately predict the impact of future events.
- Boost customer satisfaction – precision insights can help you restore power even faster.
- Act confidently – you can trust our proven, professional meteorological guidance, available 24/7/365.
- Enhance damage predictions – incorporate your network infrastructure and factor in vegetation and tree trimming cycle data for more targeted insights.
- Comply with public service commissions – it helps you do everything you can to properly prepare for storms and improve your cost recovery.
Customers, utility executives, and regulatory agencies all want the same thing — power that’s always on. When severe weather impacts service, they demand fast restoration. DTN can help. Our Storm Impact Analytics allow you to better plan staffing and power restoration with sophisticated, quantified outage predictions for your unique operations.