Get a rigorous understanding of the who, what and how of successfully trading oil spread instruments on the three main domestic and international oil trading venues.
At A Glance
|Course Level||Intermediate to Advanced|
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Trading Professional, Oil, Trading & Risk Management|
What You Will Learn
This intensive course covers many topics that are of special interest to oil traders from a spread trading perspective. You will leave this course with a solid and immediately useful understanding of:
- The various oil spread trading instruments, tools and techniques, and what is encompassed in the profession of oil spread trading.
- How all of the tools and techniques work, and how they can be applied to the development of a successful spread trading program.
- The physical and technical tools and techniques at your disposal to trade and manage the ongoing volatility and the price impact of the various spread markets around the world.
- A view of the main elements of the various techniques used for spread trading from a disciplined perspective while quantifying and managing risk and coordinating with fundamental analysis.
- How to combine physical and technical indicators, approaches and techniques that work for the various oil spread markets around the world.
The program is filled with an extraordinary amount of valuable information for traders at all levels. We will focus on the use of regulated futures and option market strategies as well as physicals and OTC. We will also use a series of examples (using current market data) to demonstrate the use of the principles of oil spread trading at every level of the oil infrastructure. Real-time trading examples for many of the crude oil and refined products spreads will be discussed throughout the course.
Based upon the attendees’ exposure, specific spread trading objectives will be discussed along with various strategies using both traditional physical crude oil and refined products markets and financial instruments. We will also actually demonstrate the various techniques with real-time data. Additionally, attendees will have time to develop their own specific spread trading views and strategies using the knowledge gained during the program.
This course assumes the attendee has some basic understanding of oil trading.
Who Should Attend
The course is applicable to all levels of the oil trading infrastructure as well as the trading community in general. Individuals in every functional area of responsibility in all trading industries whose trading or trading support decisions have significant financial impact will benefit from this program. Traders and managers will find the course highly beneficial. Some of the more specific areas follow:
- Traders of any oil products
- Traders of any equities or commodity markets
- Major oil and large independents:
- Supply and distribution personnel
- Exchange personnel
- Terminal managers
- Risk managers
- Wholesale and commercial managers
- Energy wholesale/marketing companies
- Lenders to the oil trading industry
- Futures and OTC brokers, especially brokers catering to the above companies
- Accounting and financial personnel
- Back and mid-office administrators of trading and hedging operations