Get a detailed understanding of the entire petroleum complex with a focus on the operational details of the upstream, midstream, and downstream.
What You Will Learn
- Conventional and non-conventional crude oil production.
- Refining basics from distillation to cracking.
- Domestic pipelines and fuel distribution practices.
- Gasoline, diesel and alternative fuel characteristics.
- Spot, wholesale(rack), and retail pricing concepts.
- NYMEX futures concepts.
- Global factors and considerations.
Live vs. On Demand Courses
With our traditional live courses, you’ll get an in-person classroom experience where you can connect directly with your instructor and industry peers. DTN On Demand courses give you instant online access to instructor-narrated courses that you can start, stop, pause and view at your convenience.
Please Note: Exact content will differ between our Live and and On Demand courses. CPE credits not available for On Demand courses. On Demand courses also do not contain any listed trading simulations, group exercises etc. See the Petroleum Industry Fundamentals On Demand course description for full details.
Who Should Attend
This course will benefit anyone seeking a top-to-bottom, fundamental education in the petroleum industry. Perfect for oil company management and staff, marketers, pipelines, schedulers, interdepartmental transfers, finance management, administrative personnel, human resource personnel and those considering entering the industry.