Understand the U.S. and international physical oil trading business from the perspective of both the trader and the supply analyst.
At A Glance
|Course Level||Introductory to Intermediate|
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Trading Professional, Oil, Trading & Risk Management|
What You Will Learn
- Crude oil and products supply and demand.
- Crude oil evaluation and selection.
- Oil refining and products.
- Discussion of various pricing mechanisms.
- Physical oil markets and pricing.
- Operations and logistics.
- Freight trading.
- Comparison of physical and financial trading.
- Arbitrage/spread trading.
- Refinery trading and supply.
- Physical outright (long/short) trading.
- Approach to trading physicals.
- Simulated trading session.
You will also:
- Learn about supply and demand for crude oil and products.
- Understand the principles of crude oil evaluation and selection.
- Develop your knowledge of oil refining and products.
- Explore physical oil markets, pricing formation, shipping, operations and contracts.
- Gain knowledge about futures, swaps, options and Over-The-Counter markets.
- Become familiar with trading techniques, terminology, hedging and physical trading.
- Develop expertise in management of market exposure and price risk.
- Improve your negotiation skills.
- Understand the commercial aspects of the downstream oil business
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for people working in:
- Oil trading
- Risk management
- Supply, transport and operations
- Sales and marketing
- Energy purchasing
- Management and financial accounting
- Strategic planning and economics