Understand the U.S. and international physical oil trading business from the perspective of both the trader and the supply analyst.
No Live Courses Available
Sorry, there are no dates for this course scheduled at this time.
At A Glance
|Course Level||Introductory to Intermediate|
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Trading Professional, Oil, Trading & Risk Management|
What You Will Learn
- Crude oil and products supply and demand.
- Crude oil evaluation and selection.
- Oil refining and products.
- Discussion of various pricing mechanisms.
- Physical oil markets and pricing.
- Operations and logistics.
- Freight trading.
- Comparison of physical and financial trading.
- Arbitrage/spread trading.
- Refinery trading and supply.
- Physical outright (long/short) trading.
- Approach to trading physicals.
- Simulated trading session.
You will also:
- Learn about supply and demand for crude oil and products.
- Understand the principles of crude oil evaluation and selection.
- Develop your knowledge of oil refining and products.
- Explore physical oil markets, pricing formation, shipping, operations and contracts.
- Gain knowledge about futures, swaps, options and Over-The-Counter markets.
- Become familiar with trading techniques, terminology, hedging and physical trading.
- Develop expertise in management of market exposure and price risk.
- Improve your negotiation skills.
- Understand the commercial aspects of the downstream oil business
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for people working in:
- Oil trading
- Risk management
- Supply, transport and operations
- Sales and marketing
- Energy purchasing
- Management and financial accounting
- Strategic planning and economics