Do you want hands-on oil trading experience? Now, during our Simulated Oil Trading program, you’ll not only learn the skills you need to successfully trade oil but you’ll also put your knowledge to the test using the DTN proprietary trading simulator. Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind, dynamic simulated trading event!
At A Glance
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Trading Professional, Oil, Trading & Risk Management|
What You Will Learn
During our Simulated Oil Trading program, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Participate in five different simulated trading sessions.
- Face various real-world trading scenarios.
- These scenarios will use live data and actual historical data that has been selected to you let you experience the pain and gain in trading under conditions that have actually occurred.
- Get insightful, constructive comments and critiques of your trading performance.
- Successful trading comes with not only learning and preparing but also critiquing one’s performance. This will help you build a “what to do and not do” type of trading diary to guide you through various market environments in the future.
- See how you stack up against the competition.
- We’ll rank participants based on profitability after each session and for all sessions combined. Be the most profitable overall trader and win a prize from DTN.
You will leave this course with a solid and immediately useful understanding of:
- The basics and fundamentals of oil trading.
- The vocabulary of oil trading.
- The what, why, how and who of oil trading.
- The market participants.
- Technical and fundamental analysis and trading techniques.
- Market behavior.
- Combining fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real-time trading examples for all products in the oil complex.
Who Should Attend
This course assumes the attendee has some basic understanding of oil trading. It is designed from the perspective of an oil trader for those wanting more understanding of trading oil and additional oil exposure in their portfolio. The course is applicable to all levels of the oil trading infrastructure as well as the trading community in general. Individuals in every functional area of responsibility in all trading industries whose trading or trading support decisions have significant financial impact will benefit from this program. Traders and managers will find the course highly beneficial. Some of the more specific areas follow:
- Traders of any oil products
- Traders of any equities or commodity markets
- Major oil and large independent:
- Supply and distribution personnel
- Exchange personnel
- Terminal managers
- Risk managers
- Wholesale and commercial managers
- Energy wholesale/marketing companies
- Lenders to the oil trading industry
- Futures and OTC brokers (especially brokers catering to the above companies)
- Accounting and financial personnel
- Back and mid office administrators of trading and hedging operations