Understand what futures, options, and derivatives are; how they work, how they are used, and how they can be applied to your specific business.
At A Glance
|Industry Segment||Natural Gas, Oil, Power|
|Course Level||Introductory to Intermediate|
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Trading Professional, Natural Gas, Oil, Power, Trading & Risk Management|
What You Will Learn
Topics covered include:
- The vocabulary of futures, options and derivatives.
- The what, why, how and who of futures, options and derivatives markets.
- The mathematics of options premiums, historical and implied volatility and the Greeks.
- Differences and similarities of futures, options and derivatives.
- Real-time trading and hedging examples for all products in the energy infrastructure using futures, options and derivatives.
- Correlation and basis analysis.
- Options pricing models: Black – Scholes and Cox-Ross-Rubenstein.
- Popular options spread strategies used by speculators and commercial hedgers.
Live vs. On Demand Courses
With our traditional live courses, you’ll get an in-person classroom experience where you can connect directly with your instructor and industry peers. DTN On Demand courses give you instant online access to instructor-narrated courses that you can start, stop, pause and view at your convenience.
Please Note: Exact content will differ between our Live and On Demand courses. CPE credits not available for On Demand courses. On Demand courses also do not contain any listed trading simulations, group exercises etc. See the Futures, Options & Derivatives On Demand course description for full details.
Who Should Attend
This course is applicable to all levels of the energy infrastructure including oil, natural gas, electricity and coal. Individuals whose decisions have significant financial impact will benefit from this program. Managers from areas such as marketing, sales, manufacturing, engineering, supply and distribution, trading risk management, purchasing and financial and accounting will all find the course highly beneficial.