Global Service Response Time Objectives
Last Updated: June 1, 2021
DTN Global Support uses the following definitions to classify issues. The rendering of the relevant support service level is subject to the timely issuing (by customer) and acceptance (by DTN) of a valid support ticket. DTN will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to each issue within the applicable Response Time Objective in the table below, depending on the severity level set on the support ticket.
|Severity Level||Response Time Objective|
|Severity 1/Critical||1 hour
*Standard Support Hours
|Severity 2/Major|| 4 hours
*Standard Support Hours
|Severity 3/Normal||next business day|
|Severity 4/Minor||5 business days|
*Standard Support Hours are generally defined as 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM in the customer’s country, excluding holidays and weekends. Support services are provided in English. Support times and languages may vary by country and/or service.
Severity Level 1/Critical:
Production use of the DTN services is down or so severely impacted that customer cannot reasonably continue critical business operations. Customer experiences a complete loss of service where the impacted operation is mission critical to the business and the situation requires immediate attention. Issue must be reported to DTN via telephone.
Severity Level 2/Major:
A problem where the DTN services are functioning but customer’s use in a production environment is severely reduced. The situation is causing a high impact to portions of customer’s business operations and no reasonable workaround exists; however, critical business operations can continue in a limited fashion. Restoring functionality is a high priority but not considered an emergency. Issue must be reported to DTN via telephone.
Severity Level 3/Normal:
Partial loss of application functionality in a production environment. The impact is an inconvenience resulting in limited business impact but a workaround exists.
Severity Level 4/Minor:
Minor loss of application functionality or minor performance degradation in a production environment resulting in minor business impact. This includes, but is not limited to, cosmetic defects, questions, requests for information, enhancement ideas, or documentation clarification regarding the DTN services. Considered low priority in the context of all work to be done.
Response Time Objective
The period from when customer submits a support request to when a DTN support representative contacts customer. The response time may vary based on the business impact of the request (also known as Severity Level).
The Customer’s Responsibilities
In the context of the support services, the customer shall:
- reasonably cooperate with DTN or its agent during any implementation activities which cooperation is necessary to prevent DTN from performing improperly;
- take such steps as may be necessary to confirm the existence of errors and to ascertain the condition under which the errors may be duplicated;
- carry out such diagnostic routines as DTN may have recommended prior to requesting any support service and inform DTN of the results of the diagnostic tests;
- provide DTN with such information, facilities, and assistance as DTN may reasonably require and procure such assistance from the customer’s other suppliers as DTN may reasonably require;
- cooperate with DTN and promptly provide any data or information, assistance, and electronic remote access and/or physical access to the systems, as required for a proper execution of the support services.
Limitation on Scope of Support Services
The following service exclusions apply:
- The support services shall not include the diagnosis and rectification of any fault resulting from:
- the improper use, operation or neglect of the software, services, or the equipment upon which they are run;
- the failure by the customer to implement recommendations in respect of, or solutions to, faults previously advised by DTN;
- any repair adjustment, alteration, or modification of the software, services and/or equipment, or merger (in whole or in part) with any other hardware and/or software, by any person other than DTN without prior consent from DTN;
- the customer using a release of the software which is not the latest release of the software, and is not the release which was issued prior to the latest release of the software;
- the customer using software, services or equipment which has been declared ‘End of Life’ by DTN;
- the use of the software, services, or equipment for a purpose for which it was not designed;
- loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by operator error or omission;
- the failure to use versions of the operating system software as specified by DTN from time to time;
- loss, damage, or faults caused directly or indirectly by any alteration, upgrade or new release of any software operating in conjunction or closely with the software;
- a fault in the equipment or in any other software operating in conjunction with or closely with the service or software.
- The rectification of lost or corrupted data and/or configuration settings are not part of the support services.
Support services comprise and are limited to the following:
- remote fault diagnosis and, where possible, recommendations for correction subject to the limitations imposed by contractual restrictions of any third party, following the reporting of any system, software, equipment or services problem by telephone or email by the customer to DTN customer support;
- DTN will determine what action, if any, it proposes to take based on the severity of the problem and the benefit to the broader customer base;
- diagnosis and solution of operational problems will generally be carried out remotely;
- telephone, email, or chat support, where available, on the routine use and operation of the software, services, or equipment.
These Response Time Objectives apply to DTN business to business solutions only.
The information in this document is provided for general guidance only and is not intended to be legally binding, or to create legal obligations between DTN and its customers or any third parties. This document replaces all prior versions of the support services, including the MeteoGroup Support Services Schedule. DTN reserves the right to modify this document whenever the need arises. When such updates are made, the date at the top of this document will be modified.