Available with automated and configurable Maintenance Decision Support System (MDSS) functionality, RoadCast makes it easy for you to not only treat icy conditions but pre-treat at-risk areas, like bridges and decks, before problem conditions even occur, to ensure safer road travel for your community and your crews.
- We use your provided pavement profile data for each of your specified locations (RWIS or Virtual Points).
- We use the METRo pavement model, which is proven by the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) and widely used in the industry.
- Get access to 24-hour forecasts, roadway temperatures, bridge deck temperatures, road and bridge frost potential, anti-icing recommendations, a 15-day location-specific forecast, and more.
- We provide anti-icing recommendations based on FHWA rules, or you can customize your own protocols.
- Consult with an experienced meteorologist online 24x7x365 to get quick answers to your pressing weather-related questions.
Customized to your location, this convenient tool helps ensure you’re delivering the right treatment, with the right chemicals, at the right time, saving you time and money.
- Anticipate conditions for any street or road.
- Save money by using fewer chemicals and abrasives.
- Reduce fuel and labor costs by avoiding unnecessary treatments.
- Ensure safer travel, especially on bridges and decks, by preventing problem conditions rather than reacting to them.
- Reduce environmental impact through lower application rates.
When it’s your job to keep the roads clear, knowing what weather is coming your way is critical to keeping your operations running smoothly. RoadCast makes it easy to do just that.