Get a solid foundation in commodity trading by examining all four sectors: Energy, Agriculturals, Metals, and Softs. This course will help you understand the major tools and techniques used by both hedgers and speculators.
At A Glance
|Industry Segment||Natural Gas, Oil, Power|
|Course Level||Introductory to Intermediate|
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Trading Professional, Trading & Risk Management|
What You Will Learn
- The basics of commodity trading: What is it? Why is it so indispensable? How does it work and who is doing it?
- What moves commodity prices: Technical and fundamental analysis.
- Real-time trading examples for various commodities.
- What the various commodity trading instruments, tools and techniques are, how they work and what is encompassed in the profession of commodity trading.
- How these tools can be applied to develop and implement a successful speculative and commercial hedging trading program.
Who Should Attend
This course is applicable to the full spectrum of commodity markets: Energy, Softs, Metals and Agricultural markets. Individuals in every functional area of responsibility in all commodity contingent industries whose decisions have significant financial impact will benefit from this program. Individuals from areas such as trading, marketing, sales, manufacturing, supply and distribution, risk management, purchasing and financial and accounting will find the course highly beneficial.