Gain a solid grasp on the fundamentals of the recent radical success of the Unconventional Revolution with its dramatic increase in shale gas and tight oil production/reserves changing the global energy market forever.
No Live Courses Available
Sorry, there are no dates for this course scheduled at this time.
At A Glance
|Industry Segment||Alternative Fuels, Natural Gas, Oil|
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Professional, Natural Gas, Oil|
What You Will Learn
Topics covered include:
- Exploration and production geology principles (conventional vs. unconventional plays).
- Technology applications (laterals, fracking, proppant, packers).
- Processing and transportation (gas plants, pipelines, LNG, storage).
- Characteristics, reserves and development for global unconventional plays.
- Environmental issues (emissions, water and waste management, earthquakes, spills).’
- Market implications (supply/demand, spot/forward market, price collapse, exports, jobs).
- Alternative fuels comparison (ethanol, biofuels, renewables, infrastructure, gas future).
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for general audiences. Ideal for professionals seeking to gain a fundamental understanding of these emerging industries. Program assumes little to no previous knowledge of Shale Gas markets and technologies.