Get a firm grip on petroleum geology principles, concepts, technology and terminology with this comprehensive introduction to the dynamics of exploring and developing both conventional and unconventional plays for oil and gas reservoirs.
No Live Courses Available
Sorry, there are no dates for this course scheduled at this time.
At A Glance
|Industry Segment||Natural Gas, Oil|
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Professional, Oil|
What You Will Learn
- The role of the geologist (geotechnical teamwork, plate tectonics, geologic time scale, E&P process).
- The petroleum system (origin of hydrocarbons, essential elements for a commercial find – traps, seals, reservoir, source rock, reserves and resources).
- Exploration and production geology (data, tools, mapping, seismic interpretation, appraisal).
- Field development (field plan decisions, drilling wells, mineral leasing, reservoir engineering).
- Infrastructure and environment (pipelines, processing, emissions, fluids management, fracking).
- Future trends and market implications (peak oil, price drivers, growing gas usage, changing global relationships).
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for general audiences. Ideal for professionals seeking to gain a fundamental understanding of petroleum geology in the energy industry. Program assumes little to no previous knowledge of geological concepts or data.