Learn the mechanics and nuances of exploration and production, the pipeline transportation infrastructure and storage, as well as the buying, selling and marketing of natural gas.
What You Will Learn
- Where have we been and where are we going: The history and future of natural gas in North America.
- The major players in the natural gas industry: Producers, transporters, marketers, LDCs and consumers.
- Natural gas futures and OTC derivatives trading.
- Market macro and micro fundamentals.
- Storage usefulness and seasonal peaking and balancing needs. Market centers (Hubs): Services provided.
- Understanding of the various market relationships that impact the everyday aspects of the business.
Who Should Attend
This course will benefit anyone seeking a top-to-bottom, fundamental education in the natural gas and power industry. Perfect for those new to the industry: Wholesale power and/or natural gas marketing companies, utilities, generation, supply and distribution personnel, traders, end-users, commercial companies, cogeneration, industrial companies and government agencies. Great for new hires, interdepartmental transfers, finance management, administrative personnel and human resource personnel.