A myriad of non-oil and oil intermarket relationships continue to impact the price of oil. This must-attend course will help you understand all of the important interrelationships, from the various macro and micro-fundamentals, to the intricacies of the various financial and economic indicators.
At A Glance
|Course Level||Introductory to Intermediate|
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Professional, Certified Energy Trading Professional, Oil|
What You Will Learn
- All about the economics of oil trading.
- Macroeconomics of worldwide energy complex. What is driving oil prices?
- The impact on price from the supply side.
- The impact on price from the demand side.
- The impact on price from the inventory side.
- How the micro fundamentals from around the globe impact price.
- How the non-economic drivers like shipping and transportation impact price.
- How the myriad of various economies both emerging and developed impact price.
- How various Central Bank strategies that are employed to manage the global economies impact oil prices.
- The performance of oil prices under various economic cycles.
- The impact of oil prices from moves in the various global equity markets.
- How and why the US dollar impacts prices.
- What is the impact on prices if OPEC moves away from the US dollar as the currency for dealing in oil.
- How and why other commodities impact oil prices.
- Is oil the new inflation hedge?
Who Should Attend
- Major Oil & Large Independent:
- Supply & Distribution personnel
- Exchange Personnel
- Risk Managers
- Wholesale and Commercial managers
- Wholesale/Marketing Companies
- Jobbers/Diesel Fuel Distributors
- Every level of the Trading community both physical & financial.
- Truck Stop & Retail Chain Operators:
- Fuel purchaser
- Trucking Companies
- Barge and Shipping Companies
- Commercial and Private Airline Fleets
- Government agencies – Federal – State- Municipal
- Shipping companies
- Lenders to the Oil Industry
- Futures & OTC Brokers
- Media Companies
- Oil Reporters
- Oil Analysts