Get comprehensive exposure to risk management tools and strategies, macro and micro market fundamentals, margin preservation, manufacturing and marketing, and cutting-edge purchasing techniques that drive success in the refined products market.
At A Glance
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Trading Professional, Oil, Trading & Risk Management|
What You Will Learn
- Learn the unique steps you should take NOW to reduce price exposure, manage risk, and guard against price spikes.
- Define your price/margin exposure.
- Quantify hedge base percentage.
- Review the structure of your supply contracts.
- Assess the risk profile of your company.
- Learn how to implement hedge strategy.
- Establish your corporate risk policy and obtain board approval.
- Establish an OTC account.
- Design your hedging program.
- Define the hedge objectives of your company.
- Determine the appropriate hedge strategies for your company.
- Develop daily marked to market.
- Monitor and adjust your hedge strategy.
Who Should Attend
Entry-level to intermediate professionals from: Wholesale/marketing companies, utilities, jobbers/home heating oil distributors, fuel purchasers, back office, hedgers, marketers, end-users, trucking companies and government agencies.