DTN supports the following sustainable development goals.
End hunger, achieve food security, and improve nutrition through sustainable agriculture.
Our WeatherSentry® Global Agriculture Edition provides critical, field-based insights to help increase yields and reduce costs.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
DTN supports climate change monitoring systems with actual weather observations to help governments, civil society, and the private sector make better-informed decisions.
Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
DTN solutions help enhance the cooperation of governments, civil society, the private sector, and the United Nations.
Why it matters
Sustainable food supplies are critical to the health and quality of life of all people.
- Global population growth makes ensuring sufficient, sustainable food supplies critical.
- The climate is changing, creating more volatile weather patterns.
- Severe weather events — such as extreme temperatures and extended periods of heavy rain or drought — create significant risks for agriculture operations and commodity markets.
- The landscape of agriculture is changing, leading to larger farms, more crops, and greater commodity market volitivity.
- Low commodity prices reduce the margin of error for farmers, making actionable insights vital to managing costs and improving yields.
- To make better operational decisions, farmers need precise, accurate, and consistent information.
- Precision agriculture can provide an abundance of information from multiple sources.
Climate Smart Initiative by DTN
Learn more about our initiative and the specific ways we help address the United Nations sustainable development goals.
View our brochure in the following languages: