Get a comprehensive view into the inter-workings of the U.S. gas and power industries as well as the key factors that make up the gas and power markets of today and tomorrow.
At A Glance
|Industry Segment||Natural Gas, Power|
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Professional, Natural Gas, Power|
What You Will Learn
Topics covered during this course include:
- Physical power basics – Basic industry facts and terminology.
- Power market fundamentals.
- Standard power market design – Deregulated markets in the US and Canada.
- Trading mechanics – A focus on the mechanics and vocabulary of trading.
- Hedging – The art of getting what you asked for.
- Physical natural gas basics – Basic industry facts and terminology.
- Physical/financial trading of natural gas.
- Natural gas operations and logistics – Basics of interstate transportation.
- Natural gas trading and optimization – The buying and selling of natural gas.
Who Should Attend
This course will benefit anyone seeking a top to bottom, fundamental education in the natural gas and power industry. Perfect for those new to the industry: Wholesale power and/or natural gas marketing companies, utilities, generation, supply and distribution personnel, traders, end-users, commercial companies, cogeneration, industrial companies and government agencies. Great for new hires, interdepartmental transfers, finance management, administrative personnel, and human resource personnel.