Get a comprehensive view into the inter-workings of the U.S. gas and power industries as well as the key factors that make up the gas and power markets of today and tomorrow.
Attend an Upcoming Live Course
February 19-20, 2020
in Houston, TXAttend Live
At A Glance
|Industry Segment||Natural Gas, Power|
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Professional, Natural Gas, Power|
What You Will Learn
Topics covered during this course include:
- Physical power basics – Basic industry facts and terminology.
- Power market fundamentals.
- Standard power market design – Deregulated markets in the US and Canada.
- Trading mechanics – A focus on the mechanics and vocabulary of trading.
- Hedging – The art of getting what you asked for.
- Physical natural gas basics – Basic industry facts and terminology.
- Physical/financial trading of natural gas.
- Natural gas operations and logistics – Basics of interstate transportation.
- Natural gas trading and optimization – The buying and selling of natural gas.
Who Should Attend
This course will benefit anyone seeking a top to bottom, fundamental education in the natural gas and power industry. Perfect for those new to the industry: Wholesale power and/or natural gas marketing companies, utilities, generation, supply and distribution personnel, traders, end-users, commercial companies, cogeneration, industrial companies and government agencies. Great for new hires, interdepartmental transfers, finance management, administrative personnel, and human resource personnel.