Explore and understand the wide array of tools and techniques available for managing your company's risk in the natural gas market.
Attend an Upcoming Live Course
July 10-11, 2019
in Houston, TXAttend Live
At A Glance
|Industry Segment||Natural Gas, Power|
|Course Level||Introductory to Intermediate|
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Trading Professional, Natural Gas, Trading & Risk Management|
What You Will Learn
- Market macro and micro fundamentals
- Natural Gas purchasing and selling methodology
- Processing and marketing
- Futures and options for natural gas risk management
- Over-the-counter swaps, options, forwards for natural gas risk management and trading
- Techniques to put all of these pieces together.
We will also cover:
- What market factors impact your margins and why you need to manage your company’s risk.
- How to assess the risk profile of your company and implement a hedge strategy.
- Best practices for a commercial hedging program in the natural gas industry.
- Designing your risk management program, defining your hedge objectives and determining the appropriate hedge strategies for your company.
- Development of daily marked to market, monitoring and adjusting your hedge strategy.
- The importance of OTC swaps and exchange-traded futures in development and implementation of a successful commercial hedging operation in the natural gas industry.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for utilities, major oil and large independent processors, marketers, government agencies, end users, purchasers with responsibility for managing natural gas risk, futures and OTC Brokers.