SPOS optimizes shipping routes, taking into consideration sea conditions, such as wind, waves and swell, currents and other weather elements. Timely weather updates and forecasts ensure crews are continuously aware of their surroundings and the conditions that are ahead.
- Weather forecast input – Receive input up to four times a day, via e-mail or http download. Weather maps can be displayed on screen or printed. Over 20 input parameters for voyage optimization, salinity for ballasting, humidity and dew point for cargo ventilation.
- Conditional parameters input – Specify and update vessel and voyage data during transit. Use the DTN Ship Profile Library, developed with MARIN, which contains advanced algorithms for the resistance impact of wind and waves on specific vessel types
- Route planning and adjustment – Create route options based on time, cost or fuel constraints, either with or without a given ETA. Use DTN weather optimized route network to plan port-to-port routes, including navigational constraints and port approaches. Variable speed routing functionality ensures ships can avoid severe weather.
- Ship-to-shore reporting – Share travel updates with configurable reporting options. All routes, communications and performance indicators are available for onshore stakeholders via the FleetGuard web platform. Integration with FleetGuard and RouteGuard ensures a shared view across fleets.
SPOS enables captains to safely navigate the globe with minimal fuel consumption and emissions by calculating and recalculating optimum routes and anticipating oncoming weather and sea conditions.
- Save fuel and time: Expertly calculate routes with the lowest voyage cost. The industry’s first variable speed algorithm allows severe weather to be bypassed and voyage trim optimization further reduces fuel consumption.
- Increase ship safety: Avoid heavy weather and experience reduced downtime, reduced damage to ships and cargo and improved crew safety. SPOS ensures a shared view across fleets with system integration and add-ons.
- Unburden captains: The weather optimized route network has been built by pulling together decades of experience. Pre-built ship models support captains with more accurate routing and configurable back-to-shore reporting, eliminating duplication and redundant reporting.
SPOS helps you to save time and money. Your ship can navigate safer and faster while your environmental footprint gets smaller. Make life for the captain and his crew easier, all in an easy to install and use solution.Contact Us