SPOS optimizes shipping routes, taking into consideration sea conditions, such as wind, waves and swell, currents and other weather elements. Timely weather updates and forecasts ensure crews are continuously aware of their surroundings and the conditions that are ahead.
- Weather forecast input – Receive input up to four times a day, via email or http download. Weather maps can be displayed on screen or printed. Over 20 input parameters for voyage optimization, salinity for ballasting, humidity and dew point for cargo ventilation.
- Conditional parameters input – Specify and update vessel and voyage data during transit. Use the DTN Ship Profile Library, developed with MARIN, that contains advanced algorithms for the resistance impact of wind and waves on specific vessel types
- Route planning and adjustment – Create route options based on time, cost or fuel constraints. Use DTN weather optimized route network to plan port-to-port routes, including navigational constraints and port approaches. Variable speed routing functionality ensures ships can avoid severe weather.
- Ship-to-shore reporting – with FleetGuard and RouteGuard ensures a shared view across fleets. Share travel updates with configurable reporting options. All routes, communications and performance indicators are available for onshore stakeholders via the FleetGuard web platform.
- Trim-Advisor™ – SPOS comes with an option to add our Trim-Advisor module to optimize trim prior to and during the voyage of your ships and cargoes. SPOS brings you this plug-in module for even better fuel performance and increased utilization of your fleet.
- Seakeeping – SPOS Seakeeping is developed in partnership between DTN and ABB. SPOS Seakeeping can be connected to the ABB Ability™ Marine Advisory System – OCTOPUS. The module is a full integration in SPOS, to help the crew to plan their voyage, taking the vessels responses and resonances into consideration.
SPOS enables captains to safely navigate the globe with minimal fuel consumption and emissions by calculating and recalculating optimum routes and anticipating oncoming weather and sea conditions.
- Save fuel and time: Expertly calculate routes with the lowest voyage cost. The industry’s first variable speed algorithm allows severe weather to be bypassed and voyage trim optimization further reduces fuel consumption.
- Increase ship safety: Avoid heavy weather and experience reduced downtime, reduced damage to ships and cargo and improved crew safety. SPOS ensures a shared view across fleets with system integration and add-ons.
- Unburden captains: The weather optimized route network has been built by pulling together decades of experience. Pre-built ship models support captains with more accurate routing and configurable back-to-shore reporting, eliminating duplication and redundant reporting.
- Trim-Advisor – With basic available data, it can provide you with a vessel draft analysis within 48 hours of sending the required data, ready to be loaded in SPOS and used in voyage planning.
- SPOS Seakeeping – Enables captain and crew to optimize the route calculations according to the weather forecast, the ship’s specific characteristics and motion limits.
SPOS OnBoard Route Optimization
Route-planning is a juggling act. You must balance conflicting constraints — including safety, efficiency, navigation, costs, port rotation, estimated times of arrival (ETAs), and speed ranges — to optimize each route.View Brochure
SPOS helps you to save time and money. Your ship can navigate safer and faster while your environmental footprint gets smaller. Make life for the captain and his crew easier, all in an easy to install and use solution.