See what’s new
Our innovation helps you better navigate risks and maximize efficiencies. Discover what’s new — and what’s next — in our Marine Content Services.
- Map layer API – increase your decision-making confidence by better visualizing your operations in relation to the weather. This fully flexible API uses the latest cloud and vector tiling technologies to provide ultra-fast, smooth map views at every zoom level and use case.
- 2D spectral wave data — enhance your vessel motion and workability forecasting will our high resolution, full spectral wave data available for any location worldwide.
- Coming Soon! Marine hindcast and metocean data — optimize vessel performance with 30 years of insights. You’ll be able to request a time series or statistics like frequency tables, extreme value analysis, persistence data, and more.
DTN Marine Weather API
- Offers multiple configuration options on temporal resolution, forecast ranges, location (shape) requests, data format (XML, JSON).
- Access to three DTN forecast models: SPOS, NMB and our next generation marine forecast engine Manta.
- 24/7 support from our experts that includes 200 meteorologists in operational weather rooms across the world, master mariners, marine scientists and global customer support teams.
- Harnesses the latest cloud and vector tiling technologies through its map layer API to provide ultra-fast, smooth map views.
Vessel Insights API
This all-in-one data solution collects, collates, and delivers every relevant piece of operational data at the fleet or vessel level. It also seamlessly integrates into your existing business processes.
- Accurate, reliable reports – processes noon report data, automates quality checks, and provides confidence indicators through EasyNoon — our proprietary reporting tool — or third-party noon reporting tools.
- A fuller data lake – combines operational data, advanced vessel digital profiles, high-definition track information, and best-in-class weather observations and forecasts.
- Better weather benchmarking – integrates accurate, high-value weather data to support advanced analytics and greater decision-making confidence.
Vessel Routing API
Optimize your voyages your way with our Vessel Routing API’s integrated decision support.
- Get safe, navigable routes on-demand with advanced analytics.
- Compare available routes using 30+ parameters and securely integrate the data into your applications.
- Ensure safety based on vessel-specific limitations and profiles.
- Set thresholds for each specific route for custom warnings and waypoints.
- Better simulate vessel performance in specific weather conditions by specifying your proprietary vessel profiles or choosing from 25 pre-existing profiles.
- Choose from different use cases to help you select the most optimized route using instructed speed or recommended speed.
DTN Marine Content Services allows easy integration with our weather data for in house solutions and platforms. Proactive consultation and tools allow you to stay ahead of adverse weather impacts for your exact locations, enabling informed decision making necessary to execute shipping operations flawlessly.
- Using Marine Content Services, you ensure that all marine weather data is in sync with your DTN shipping solutions.
- Make more confident decisions by clearly seeing your operations in relation to the weather.
- 24/7 support from our meteorological experts.
- Access to extensive DTN Marine Weather API.
- DTN utilizes the latest cloud technology to run a global suite of marine forecast models with the ability to integrate high resolution models into global and regional forecast runs. We continuously verify output from our weather models using DTN satellite, buoy and observation networks.
- Offers improved weather forecast accuracy, cost savings and asset safety. Access more than 100 marine weather parameters that span the highest detail on ocean waves, atmospheric and tidal data.
Vessel Insights API
Safeguard your people and assets and reach your business goals faster through intelligent, data-driven decisions powered by our unique insights.
- Make sharper, more confident decisions by better visualizing your fleet and operations and quickly processing high-quality ship-to-shore reports.
- Enhance vessel performance through a holistic view of external impacts and added weather information that fuels advanced analytics.
- Support green initiatives through weather benchmarking and fuel savings driven by reliable reporting.
Vessel Routing API
Save money, time, fuel, and emissions through enhanced vessel routing decisions
- Improve the accuracy of your ETAs.
- Easily compare available routes with a multitude of options, restrictions, and weather configurations.
- Ensure the best, weather-optimized route:
- Instructed speed: where you select your set speed through the voyage to support charter party agreement.
- Recommended speed: where you choose the best speed based on a provided range, with the return speed optimized to reach a destination with a flexible ETA.
- Variable Speed: optimize the voyage and avoid weather threats while helping the vessel reach its destination at the specified time. (launching soon)
DTN Delivers Operational Intelligence to Optimize Decision Making
Utilizing the latest cloud technology, we tune our global suite of marine forecast models to match your needs. Models and forecast data are continuously validated, calibrated, and tuned to the latest observations, using satellite, buoy, and private observation networks. Watch our expert Ryan Fulton speak on how Marine Weather API helps shipping companies in their digitalization journey.
DTN Marine Content Services is an all-in-one solution to integrate our marine weather data and marine analytics services into your systems. Utilizing the latest cloud technology, we tune our global suite of marine forecast models to match your needs. Models and forecast data are continuously validated, calibrated, and tuned to the latest observations, using satellite, buoy, and private observation networks.