Our API is a core building block of any vessel performance management system or analytics platform.
- A single source of truth – delivers continuous, quality-checked vessel performance-relevant data from multiple sources (AIS, noon, autolog, weather, digital twin) along the vessel’s track.
- Performance analysis for any vessel – when noon report data is not available, the API provides fuel consumption and emission estimates using a library of vessel performance models (vessel digital twins).
- Accurate and reliable noon reports – processed noon report data goes through four layers of data quality checks. The DTN shipping operations team works together with the ship’s crew to ensure optimal data quality.
- A fuller data lake – combines quality-checked noon data, advanced vessel digital twin models, high-definition AIS track information, and best-in-class hindcast weather data.
- State-of-the-art technology – advanced algorithms that include our expertise in meteorology, data science, voyage optimization, and vessel performance.
- Better weather benchmarking – integrates accurate, high-value weather data to support advanced analytics and greater decision-making confidence.
Build customized solutions — without worrying about managing and maintaining multiple connections with different data sources, maintaining data quality, or creating your own digital twin models.
- Easy to integrate and maintain – various use-case-specific queries can be executed from a single API endpoint, allowing easy integration with various types of vessel performance dashboards.
- Simple and cost-efficient – takes care of all aspects of vessel performance data, so you have more time, money, and bandwidth to focus on your core business.
- Accelerate your digitalization journey – by integrating Vessel Insights API, any vessel performance management dashboard can be up and running in no time.
- Seamless sharing of performance data – ensures that your voyage management, compliance management, performance management, and vessel selection are done with consistent purpose-driven datasets.
Vessel Insights is a GraphQL API with dedicated queries for specific use cases. Currently, it offers the following:
|Customer Query||Use Case|
|listEvents||Get continuous, quality-checked performance-relevant data from multiple sources (ais, noon report, weather, digital twin model) along the vessel’s track.|
|trackSummary||Generate voyage and performance summaries for any vessel in the entire merchant fleet (calculations use a library of vessel performance models).|
|noonSummary||Generate voyage and performance summaries for your own fleet (calculations use quality-checked noon report data).|
|trackCII||Monitor CII ratings for any vessel in the entire merchant fleet. Can be used to estimate voyage CII, year-to-date CII, year-end CII, CP-attained CII, delivery-attained CII, etc., (calculations use a library of vessel performance models).|
|noonCII||Monitor CII ratings for any vessel in your own fleet. Can be used to estimate voyage CII, year-to-date CII, year-end CII, CP-attained CII, delivery-attained CII, etc., (calculations use quality-checked noon report data).|
|getEvent||Get data for a single noon or AIS event.|
Monitor your CII ratings with Vessel Insights API
Hear from our expert on how Vessel Insights API drives the creation of effective performance dashboards for monitoring ship CII ratings.