Understand the trading tools and key factors that drive success in power markets.
At A Glance
|Course Level||Introductory to Intermediate|
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Trading Professional, Power, Trading & Risk Management|
What You Will Learn
Topics covered include:
- Why are the power markets the most volatile of all markets?
- What fundamental factors drive the power markets?
- What role does weather play in determining prices?
- What role do fuel prices play in determining prices?
- What are Locational Marginal Prices and why should you care?
- What is the difference between rea- time, day-ahead and forward power prices?
- What trading tools are used in the power markets, and where can participants find liquidity?
- How are power trading books analyzed, and how do risk management best practices apply?
- What is the status of power market de-regulation and where is it headed?
- How do ancillary services, emissions and renewable mandates affect the power markets?
Who Should Attend
Power and fuel purchasers, analysts, traders, trade support staff, finance and auditing personnel. Entry-level to intermediate professionals from: merchant generators, banks, utilities, power marketers, retail providers, back office, hedgers, marketers, end-users and government agencies.