Do you want hands-on oil hedging experience during various historical scenarios? Now, during our Simulated Oil Hedging program, you’ll not only learn the skills you need to successfully hedge oil but you’ll also put your knowledge to the test using the DTN proprietary hedging simulator. Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind, dynamic simulated hedging event!
At A Glance
|Competency Path||Certified Energy Trading Professional, Oil, Trading & Risk Management|
What You Will Learn
During our Simulated Oil Hedging program, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Participate in several different simulated hedging sessions.
- Face various real-world trading scenarios.
- These scenarios will use live data and actual historical data that has been selected to let you experience the pain and gain in hedging under conditions that have actually occurred.
- Get insightful, constructive comments and critiques of your hedging performance.
- Successful hedging comes with not only learning and preparing but also critiquing one’s performance. This will help you build a “what to do and not do” type of hedging diary to guide you through various market environments in the future.
- See how you stack up against the competition.
- We’ll rank participants based on profitability after each session and for all sessions combined. Be the most profitable overall trader and win a prize from DTN.
You will leave this course with a solid and immediately useful understanding of:
- The basics and fundamentals of oil hedging.
- The vocabulary of oil hedging.
- The what, why, how and who of oil hedging.
- Real-time hedging examples for all products in the oil complex.
Who Should Attend
Purchasers, analysts, traders, trade support staff, finance and auditing personnel. Entry-level to intermediate professionals from: Wholesale/marketing companies, utilities, jobbers/home heating oil distributors, fuel purchasers, back office, hedgers, marketers, end-users, trucking companies and government agencies.