WeatherSentry’s weather views and map data include substations, transmission lines, and other map displays that are important to your operations. Custom layers and locations of your own assets that show how your core infrastructure is being affected by weather can also be included.
- Current Forecasts – Get access to detailed hourly forecasts for the next three days in addition to 15-day forecasts.
- Storm Tracking – Actively track storm corridors with local reports and other severe weather indicators that are approaching your service territory.
- Monitor Extreme Weather – Monitor storms for lightning, hail, tornadoes, ice, snow, and strong winds that could damage electrical infrastructure, cell towers, or threaten the safety of employees.
- Real-time Data – Use Lightning Manager® to view real-time lightning strike information showing where lightning has struck in the past hour and where active thunderstorms are approaching.
- Hyper-local Alerts – Create location-specific or GPS-position alerts on more than 50 customizable parameters that monitor important weather conditions. Provide your team with actionable steps to be taken in case of an emergency.
- Access Anywhere – View insights from a desktop computer or on the road using our smartphone app.
- Expert Insights – Use WeatherSentry OnDemand to obtain professional insight from highly-skilled meteorologists who are on call 24/7 to help you make crucial decisions.
WeatherSentry’s hyper-accurate forecasts and granular insights for each weather event allows you to protect your crews on the ground and still delivering superior service to your customers. DTN will be by your side, helping you coordinate your entire emergency response and restore power or cellular service safely and efficiently.
- Protect Your Crew – Increase your ability to protect your ground crews while they are risking their lives to restore power and cellular service for communities in need.
- Find Information Rapidly – Quickly access a summary of critical weather events at your location using the dashboard on our smartphone app
- Track Weather Events – Keep track of where severe weather has been, where it is now and where it is headed, including what time it will reach specific locations in your service area.
- Minimize Disruptions – Reduce the length of outages caused by lightning, high winds, ice, and precipitation by knowing when and where severe weather will strike your service territory.
- Plan Effectively – Optimize staffing decisions by knowing when and where to dispatch crews to make inspections and repairs safely.
- Receive Alerts – Set up phone alerts on the WeatherSentry app to send you an “all clear” notification when lightning has ceased so you can get back to work faster.
- Staff Efficiently – Manage mutual assistance and other external staffing costs by deciding when to employ staffing beyond your internal resources.
WeatherSentry Utility Edition Frequently Asked Questions
You can use WeatherSentry without limitations or restrictions for 7 days. Once you’re ready to sign up to continue to use the platform rest assured that all of your settings, feeds, and alerts will remain intact keeping your wind farm running smoothly.
Yes, you can download WeatherSentry’s companion app from the Apple Store and the Google Play Store to your phone or tablet.
Spring and Severe Weather Outlook Webinar 2020
In many areas of the country, tornado season runs from January to December, but April historically has the largest percentage of violent tornadoes! Our meteorologists break down what you can expect in the upcoming spring and severe weather season.
Our planet’s climate is becoming increasingly volatile and unpredictable. This means that severe weather events will become the norm. Utilities that focus on weather preparedness will protect their bottom line. Ensure reliable service and maintain a high level of trust from communities with DTN WeatherSentry Utility Edition. This product is the trusted partner you need to help your utility meet your weather-readiness goals.
Start your free WeatherSentry demo today.